TD02 SUSTAIN: A SUSTAINABLE SOLUTION TO DISPOSABLE GLOVES
- Traditional nitrile gloves can take over 100 years to biodegrade on landfills. TD02 biodegrades by an impressive 82% within 90 days
- Industrial compostable
- Changed the ingredients of traditional nitrile disposable gloves, which have a heavy carbon footprint, to a far lighter and more sustainable and measurable one
- Many disposable gloves are made in China which is the world’s biggest greenhouse gas polluter and has a greater downstream shipping CO2e footprint for UK customers. TD02 is made in Sri Lanka where we use a high content of raw material sustainably produced locally within our supply chain, resulting in a lower carbon footprint within production
- TD02 Sustain is a tri polymer disposable glove meaning only a small portion of the disposable glove is made up of nitrile, this means that the percentage of petrochemicals released into the atmosphere is significantly lower than that of a nitrile disposable glove. 85% less energy is used per tonne to process natural rubber compared to synthetic rubber (nitrile)
- Recyclable packaging
CARBON NEUTRAL GLOVES
- Switching your glove purchase over to 1000 pairs of LXT * has the equivalent benefit of not clearing a 5th of an acre of forest
- Switching your glove purchase over to 5000 pairs of LXT *has the equivalent benefit of not clearing 1 acre of forest.
CARBON NEUTRAL COMPANY
WE'RE ON A MISSION TO REDUCE HAND INJURIES, COSTS, WASTE AND CARBON EMISSIONS.
We disrupted the old normal by introducing the Traffi 3 colour system, now we are being really definite in our use of green. On 20th September 2020, the Traffi Head Office & Operations became certified carbon neutral.
We’ve measured everything we do as a business, from production to packaging, from sea and air freight to staff mileage, from energy usage to our delivery mileage and a whole load more.
Then, working with the Carbon Consultancy Company, we calculated our annual negative impact (GHG footprint) to the environment in metric tonnes of CO2. To compensate, we’ve funded a local energy project alongside our production factories in Sri Lanka to offset our company operational footprint to zero.
The output of this is that as a company, Traffi, and our activities are certified by the Sustainable Futures Group to have zero negative impact on the environment. Along the way, we kept in mind the United Nations 17 Goals to Transform our World.